1.22.2009

SWEET EMOTION

On Tuesday night both boys woke up screaming. Josh was asleep (for once! The poor guy never sleeps) so I didn't wake him... I picked Jack up first, then rolled Logan towards the edge of the crib & somehow (with my *Twin Mommy Powers*) picked him up as well.
I sat in the rocker with a boy on each knee, one screaming in each ear, (for balance, you know) and attempted to rub their backs & calm them down.
Logan's hand was in the middle of my chest. Jack was pushing himself up on my shoulder. When Jack's hand finally found Logan's & rested on top of it, both boys stopped crying. They whimpered a bit more & eventually both fell asleep. One on each shoulder.
It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I guess they just needed to know that their brother was there & okay. Some of the things I have witnessed between the two of them I would not believe had I not seen it with my own two eyes.
The bond between them is truly unfathomable. I will spend the rest of my life being fascinated by it.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Awwwww that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Too cute.
I want to give your boys a hug! :)