12.29.2009

What's in a name?

So as of yesterday the boys can say each others' names. And it is the most precious thing I have ever heard. I was dressing them for bed and they sometimes like to be put in one crib together to play while I read them a story. Logan was fussing for Jack and I said, "Tell Mommy what you want." And he signed & voiced "Jack". It sounds like "Dat", sometimes "Dack". So cute!
Then once Logan was in his jammies in his crib, I was changing Jack. I asked Jack, "Do you want to go in Logan's crib?"
And he signed & voiced "Logan". It sounds like "Nin." I feel like I have been waiting forever for them to ask for each other. Now they can. And it warms my heart!

3 comments:

Noah Stone Jackson said...

It warms my heart too!

Julie said...

That's so adorable! You should try to get it on video, because before too long they'll be able to say each others names the right way. There's something so sweet about "first names". Ethan's first name for Josh was Joshish.

Rox said...

I have to say it's my favorite thing they say now! Although Jack saying thank-you is adoooorable, and I love it when Logan says baby. But their names are the sweetest!