1.18.2010

our weekend

Friday night, as you saw, we just hung out at home. Saturday we went to the new library on the east side of town to check out the kids section. It was really crowded, but the boys had fun. Then on Sunday, as you saw, we went to my mom's house to hang out with my sister, nephew & parents. And today, our bonus day off, we went on a wonderful walk along the waterfront. I haven't been outside, listening to the birds chirp in far too long. After our walk I felt invigorated.
-
After our lovely walk we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some pork chops. We put the boys in the cool "racecar cart" that Fred Meyer has, so they were side by side in front of us. We got a lot of looks, as we always do, and lots of people whispering, "twins", as they walked by. Personally, I love the attention. Sure, I may complain about it occasionally, but it's only the super negative or super nosy who get under my skin.
-
One such woman chose to look at our little angels this afternoon and say, "Double trouble!" To which Josh and I replied in unison, "Nooo. Twice as nice." This is our pat answer. When the boys were really tiny {and oh-so-precious} people would say this to me, and I would feel outraged! So I came up with this quick response so people would know that (although they make me crazy sometimes!) I view these boys as blessings.
-
Well, we must have made this woman feel small or stupid because she moved her cart from the line next to us to a line out of our sight. I think lots of people don't realize how negative "double trouble" sounds. And they surely don't realize how many times we hear it. I can go into a store and come out having heard that five or more times. I really don't want that idea drilled into my boys heads. I'm sure you can understand.
-
This morning Logan got a hold of all the binkies in the living room. He put one in his mouth and ran around the house with the other two pushed into his cheeks.

How silly is that?
Then he finally decided he could spare a binky and gave one to Jack.

This amazing photograph was taken by my aspiring photographer son, Jack. He got a hold of my camera while I was writing a birthday card out for my grandpa. I heard this clicking sound, and sure enough, Jack had the camera and was taking pictures of the flashlight lantern he took out of the coat closet. I have to say, this picture is pretty artistic.

Tonight after bath time the boys were glowing, so I had to take some pictures. Here is my little Logan, looking so fresh & clean!

Their favorite thing lately is to play with the thermometer while I change them. They press the on/off button over and over.

And here's my sweetheart Jack, signing please, asking for the thermometer. They are just such sweet bubs. I am loving watching their development. They are learning one or two words every day. They are signing all the time. Their coolest new trick is when I say, "Roll your sleeves up", they actually roll their sleeves up! I am convinced we have the smartest twins on the planet! Hehe!
-
I am excited we had today off for two reasons. One- more time at home with the boys, and Two- a shortened work week! Double prizes!
-
By the end of last week, I would say Josh and I had figured out the whole "both of us home in the evening" thing. The first week we were in each others way, bumping rumps in the kitchen trying to make dinner and care for the boys, and fighting over the "real" computer (Josh has a laptop, but we both tend to prefer the desktop computer). Then last week we took turns making dinners & bathing the kids. And this next week I look forward to more of the same.

-
The mornings are still a lot of work for me, but Josh pitches in as much as he can. The main issue is that I need to get up earlier. I hit snooze as many as 5 times last week! Ridiculous, I know. So I need to have better self control. The mornings when I get up earlier, I have more time with the boys and lower blood pressure when I get to work. I HATE running late, so it's something I will continue to work on.
-
It sucks, too, because I am dieting, but feeling stressed is making me want to eat more, not less. And then I want to get some work out time in my schedule, but logistically, it's tough. I won't give up, though. And soon (in about two months-- I'm being optimistic!) the weather will get better and I can take the boys (and maybe even my husband!) on nice, long walks on the waterfront. I was really happy to take advantage of the gorgeous weather we had today. I hope I can do that more often in the weeks to come.
-
Well, that about does it for what's up with the Cunningham's. I am off to bed so I can wake up and NOT hit the snooze button tomorrow!

3 comments:

Marilynn said...

I love your blog sooo much! That picture of Logan fresh from the tub, his eyes are amazing. They are beautiful boys, and so smart. I am not saying that just because I love them so much. You are a wonderful Mom and I am so happy to hear you and Josh has such a nice day!
Love you, Mom xoxo

Rox said...

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your 3 day weekend! Good for you! I'm wanting to make some time for fitness myself... easier said than done! If you ever want a TaeBo partner... I'm your girl! Haha, I bet the boys would try to do it with us!!

Aniko said...

Don't feel bad about the snooze thing, I was on my own with no children, had a big ben alarm clock in a metal pan across the room and my mom still called me every morning to make sure I was up. LOL

And for those of you who are too young to appreciate the Big Ben alarm clocks they were wind up and probably the loudest alarm clock ever made. LOL