5.29.2010

oldie, but a goodie

{Rockaway Beach, Oregon}
August 15, 2007

Yesterday my mom, sister & I went to this awesome glass class that my friend Juli had.  It was, first of all, totally awesome. And second, really nice to spend some quality time with my ladies.
My mom and sister are two of my closest, best friends. I love them.  I love all the things we talk about and the support we offer each other.  Like last night we were talking about marriage.  And we talked about sisters. And it made me thankful for mine.
Roxanne & I talked about how when we were younger (teenagers) we didn't get along. At all.  It got me thinking about just how different we were, and how, in such a short time, we've changed.  Our two separate roads led us to the same place. 
Married with children.
And now we're juggling the same things: baby baths, making dinners, supporting our husbands, and loads of laundry.  It's nice to know that I'm not alone here in the trenches.  She may be my oldest friend, but she's a darn good one!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh yes I remember you and Roxanne didn't get along back then when you was dating Joshua. I am glad that you have a sister. Sisters are best and we are the lucky ones!! :)

Allison Elder said...

I will be eternally grateful for my sister! I honestly really feel horribly for anyone that was not blessed with a sister because I don't even know how I would have made it without mine. Although, I might have more hair...from all that hair-pulling when we were growing up. Sisters are the greatest!

Mommy of 2 cuties!! said...

You are so-oo lucky Shelly to have a sister!! She sounds just as amazing as you =) I lost my sister when I was 6 (she was 2), so I never really got to experience having a sister. It makes me happy reading your posts about her. She is super lucky to have you too!!

Rox said...

Shell!!! I love you, too! It's so nice to have you to confide in, and get advice from! I love that we are different in so many ways, yet we're alike in the ways that matter. I love hanging out with our boys, but our girls nights are needed!! And always a blast!