7.27.2010

astoria

As an early anniversary present, last weekend Josh got his mom to watch the boys overnight so we could get away.  The location was a secret and all I knew was that we'd be back Saturday afternoon/evening.

The drive was gorgeous, and we enjoyed catching up & visiting without the constant interruptions that we are used to dealing with.

We listened to music, talked about the future and how thankful we are to still be happy together after so long.

The secret destination ended up being Astoria, which I had been wanting to stay in since our last trip to the beach.  It is just such a beautiful town.


What surprised me more than the destination was the hotel.

There was a huge jacuzzi tub, which I LOVED!

 And there was a gas fireplace!

But the best part, by far, was the view.







It was incredible.

We did some shopping at the Outlets, watched some cable TV (we don't have cable, so this was pretty exciting!) and we saw Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio... Oh man, that was an awesome movie. I LOVED it. Like, edge-of-my-seat, can't-stop-thinking-about-it, kind-of-want-to-see-it-again, GOOD!

 Then we slept. SLEEP! Remember? That thing you used to have every night to help you wake up refreshed & ready to face another day? I had forgotten! It was lovely! I woke up the next morning when I was ready to wake up, and not because the two year olds the room next door were knocking and calling, "Mommy? Where are you?"

The view the second day was just as breathtaking as it had been the day before.



We packed up & headed to the coast, hoping to spend the afternoon lying on the beach reading.

Unfortunately the marine layer did not burn off, so the beach was foggy, windy & cool. Not my kind of beach weather. So we decided we would just head home to hug our babes, whom we had missed.

My oh my, does absence make the heart grow fonder!
Jack gave me the best hug of my life when I walked in the door at home. He wrapped his chubby arms around my neck & held on for dear life.  He had his sad lip out, too, just to let me know that leaving him like that was NOT appreciated. 

As much fun as we had, Josh & I agreed that it felt right to get back home to our sweethearts.

1 comment:

Rox said...

I love Josh for surprising you! You two deserve a break! A happy Mommy and Daddy makes happy babies!