12.13.2010

{trust me}

Last Wednesday night I sat in the boys' hushed bedroom, rocking Logan who was so sick and feverish, sobbing quietly into his beautiful head of blonde hair, knowing I had already missed three days of work (...three days of pay) but also knowing my place was at home with him.  I prayed for direction.  And the answer I heard was, "Trust me." 
Simple.
Straightforward.

Then today as I was driving to work, I was feeling the need for some comfort music. The stuff you play that speaks to your soul, lets to take a deep breath, and quiets your raucous heart. Today it was JJ Heller's Painted Red album.  Particularly this song:

If my arms could reach around you
I would never move
If my eyes could see you
I’d have no faith to prove

The wonder of invisible love

This is how it has to be
With you and me
The wonder of invisible love

When I fall I feel your arms
Before I reach the ground
Lord, I know your whisper
Though I’ve never heard the sound

The wonder of invisible love


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 I did it. 
Last week. 
I stopped crying, dried my eyes and trusted Him.
And today He showed me.  He's got this.
I just gotta roll with it.

I showed up at work, expecting a nightmare. New staff to train, a weeks worth of work to make up for, back to the grind.  Much to my surprise, that's not how my Monday went down.  Everyone was so happy to see me. My friends were so supportive and sweet.  It felt good to be back.  One of our newer students jumped off his bus hollering, "Mrs. Cuddindham, where was you?  I missed you."  And Lisa D's replacement? My new sidekick? Love her. She is kind, great with the kids, a quick learner and so happy to be there with us. She's a breath of fresh air.
{trust me}

 After work I stayed at my mom's since the workers were supposed to come look at the mold (they actually rescheduled for tomorrow) and let her take care of me.  She made us pancakes, french toast & eggs for us for dinner. Then she bathed the boys for me.  Dad rubbed my back and listened to how my day was.  It felt good to be in my parents house, in their hands.
{trust me}

When I arrived home, Josh was overjoyed to see his boys.  We read a story in our big cozy bed, sang Sunshine to our sweet, snuggly boys, shared lots of hugs & kisses, and then I lay with them as they began to doze off.
{trust me}

And when I opened the mail today... Oh, grandma. She... She is just the most amazing blessing to me. She can listen and tell you to buck up, all in the same moment. She can let you cry on her shoulder, and somehow you walk away feeling stronger. For every story, every heartbreak I have experienced, she has ten. Her knowledge, her belief that it will work out, her {trust}, is inspiring.  She sent us a check.  And in the "for" section, she wrote: Crap Happens. Amen, grandma, amen.
{trust me}

And when I thought my Monday couldn't get any better, I got online, and came across the most hilarious (albeit stupid) video. I laughed harder than I have laughed in months, and it felt so good.  Sometimes a girl just needs a good giggle.  Here it is, if you wanna check it out:
{Thanks Patrice, I needed that.}

And then Josh and I were watching my new favorite show "Sing Off" and my favorite group, On The Rocks, performed "Pour Some Sugar On Me", and it was just the most fun, entertaining three minutes. Loved it. You gotta watch it. You'll love it.
Trust me!

1 comment:

Rox said...

What a great post! I know I've felt those moments, too... where you're just barely balancing, just hoping to make it to the next paycheck and you say to yourself, one day at a time! "Don't let your fears for tomorrow steal your joys of today." That helped me.