1.12.2011

It's a...

 {little brother}

 We had our second ultrasound this morning. At the first one, the baby was dancing all around, and we were told it was just one baby.  Despite this, I was holding my breath as I lay on the table today and the tech spread the warm gel on my belly.
She put the wand on my belly, and I was pleased to see only one little baby again.

 As I informed her I had a twin pregnancy previously, and was relieved to see only one baby this time, she said she could tell us the sex.  She said, "It's a boy," and she moved the wand over his boy parts.
When I saw that it was a boy, I thought, "Yeah, that feels right." I feel relieved to be having another boy, since I have done boys before, and I am excited for the boys to have another brother. 

 Here's his cute little piggies!
From what I could see, the baby looks completely healthy.  He has all his limbs & his measurement for his age was pretty much right on. I am due June 12th, and he's measuring as being due June 9th. Just perfect.

Profile pic of him kissing his placenta- so cute!

Jack was happy to hear it's a boy. Last night when I asked him what he wanted, he told me he wanted a brother. With a penis.  Logan was much less specific. He said just a baby.  So not only are Josh and I pleased, but Logan & Jack's wishes have been satisfied as well!

11 comments:

Mommy of 2 cuties!! said...

Yay Shelly! That's awesome!! Can't wait to meet him :-)

Rox said...

Jack!!! LOL! Both boys were quite intrigued when I changed Ferris' diaper over there the other day... Hahaha.
I'm so happy for you and Josh! I would be happy either way, of course! I remember when you were growing up you always wanted boys and you used to love the name Dakota!
Also, I love the onesie you bought him!

Julie said...

Congrats on another sweet boy! I love the onesie!

Shelly Cunningham said...

Actually, Josh's sister Julie bought the onesie. I got home from my appointment and she had brought blue flowers and two bags FULL of clothes for the baby. She totally spoiled me!

Julie said...

I love the ultrasound pictures especially his little toes. I'm glad you're happy and more excited and that he's healthy! Can't wait to meet him.
When we stopped by yesterday Jack and Logan got excited and ran around in circles and then into each other and fell down. Ethan thought it was hilarious. They are SO adorable!

Andrea said...

Love Jack's comment about baby. He's so funny!! I can't wait to meet him. I am happy for all of you.

Rox said...

Julie ROCKS! That's so nice of her!!!

Jenn said...

Congrats on another little boy! I always thought it would be fun to have all boys; especially after my first was a boy and the idea of raising a girl instead seemed so foriegn (still does, even though my girl is 7 weeks old)

Rebecca Jackson said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for your family. I can't wait to see pictures of this little sprout...I'm sure he will be just as cute and Logan and Jack.

Barb said...

Congratulations! My own momma had four, yes four, boys and then finally she had a girl (my older sister). Hurray for the brothers Cunningham!

Aniko said...

Congratulations Cunninghams for the new boy addtion. How exciting. Jacks comment was so funny. The truthful innocence of children is priceless.