1.08.2011

my sweetheart

I love my husband.

More than that, I respect him, I have fun with him, I like him, I laugh with him and I cherish him.  The last few months, as you all know, have been pretty rough for me.  Josh has been there, by my side, through all of it.

He has woken up with the boys every morning so I could sleep; he has gone grocery shopping, done the cooking, the dishes, bath time & bedtime; he has held me as I've cried, and comforted me as I confessed all my fears about the future. He has been amazing.  He has made late night runs for ice cream (hey, I'm pregnant!) and last Monday he didn't have a sub job, so he surprised me with a living room makeover. He re-painted it (in the color I had mentioned) and rearranged all the furniture so the boys could have more floor space for play time.

I feel so lucky that nearly eleven years later, I am still in love.  He continues to meet & exceed my needs.  He takes on the challenges of parenting with such gusto, and he thinks nothing of doing everything around the house if I'm not up to it.  I can't imagine traveling this road without him. I can't imagine parenting Logan & Jack without his humor to get us through the worst tantrums & the biggest messes. I can't imagine surviving this pregnancy without him allowing me to sleep whenever I need & fetching the current foods I am craving. I can't imagine coming home to an empty house with no one to pour my heart out to each day.

"Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.  
That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand." 
~E. Kimbrough

Thank you, Josh, for holding my hand.
I love you.
Always.


2 comments:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Awwwwwwwwww!

Rox said...

I love Josh for loving you!! And taking such good care of you ALWAYS!