4.12.2011

Rockaway Beach

 Today Josh didn't have a sub job, and the weather looked clear, so we packed up the car and headed to Rockaway to visit the beach and my grandparents...
 After lunch at the Cow Belle, our favorite restaurant, where the boys had pancakes, eggs & bacon, we ran off those extra calories down in the sand.

 It was clear & beautiful, but windy, so the boys and I were all bundled up.

 I was amazed while packing this morning how little we actually need for the boys anymore. We used to need two playpens, two high chairs, tons of food, baby silverware, bibs, the stroller, extra clothes, diapers, wipes... The list goes on.

 This time we had a bag with extra clothes & jammies for the drive home; a bag of toys; big coats and a lunchbox with yogurt & cheese sticks & water bottles. No booster seats, no stroller, no playpens.

 They are just big boys.

 And I am so enjoying it.

 And these big boys were overjoyed (!!!) to see their Grandma Woo Woo.
Especially Logan.

 "Look at me, Woo Woo!"

 "Can we get ice cream, Woo Woo?"

 Peek-a-boo, Jack!

 Peek-a-boo, Logan!

 The boys & their favorite lady!
I love how they are holding her hands.
{So sweet!}

After playing all morning at the beach, the boys & I took a nap at Grandma's house. Then we played at the park and went for ice cream.

And after ice cream we drove out to the jetty.
Can you spot Logan in the shot above?

Both boys kept following the birds saying, "Hiiii..." in these high pitch baby voices, as though they hoped the birds would let them hold 'em for just a minute.


I am so happy with the pictures I got today of the boys.  They recently killed my camera (not sure how... they are magical that way) and so we've switched to a back-up camera that Josh had on hand.  I am pleased to say it is easy to use and the shots turned out clear and quite comparable to our more "fancy" camera.

3 comments:

Rox said...

Loks so fun! Amen for clear weather at the beach. :)

Marilynn said...

I was so happy to read your post, sunshine at the beach!! You deserved that! What a gift. And the boys loving Grandma Pansy (aka Woo Woo) is just precious. I hope her sisters know that is her nick name. Too funny. But that seagull is WAY too close to Jack. Your pictures are great. :)

Aniko said...

These pictures are wonderful. I love how much they love their great gramma, these moments are priceless.