4.09.2011

Spring Sick

Instead of having a Spring Break {spent riding bikes in the sunshine, playing at parks, enjoying outings to the zoo, and an overnight trip to see Great Grandma & Grandpa at the beach} we have had a Spring Sick.
It started a long time ago, actually. Logan has been suffering from a super runny nose & cough for about three weeks, and Jack was just behind him with the same symptoms for about two weeks.  By the time we hit Spring Break, Jack had also acquired some kind of flu bug that caused two days of vomiting and three days of diarrhea.  
He then passed the lethargy/nausea part of this bug (luckily not the other stuff) on to his father, and Josh spent his first day of spring break in complete misery on the couch with a fever & horrible body aches.
Once Logan got the same bug, causing him lots of vomit and "squirty poops" as the boys call it (gross!), we headed to Urgent Care.  Logan got some antibiotics for what the doctor said appeared to be a sinus infection and Jack got a good old fashion diagnosis of "wait & see". 
Wednesday I woke up with a cold- runny nose, inability to breathe, stuffy head & a cold in my left eye.  I was miserable. Jack was on the mend, though, as was Josh, and the two of them were able to run some errands while Logan & I stayed home with lots of Kleenex and Gatorade.
Friday Logan was on Day 6 of diarrhea, so Josh took him back to Urgent Care where he was sent home with a Lab Kit for us to collect a specimen of said Squirty Poop and props from the doctor for keeping him so well hydrated despite the illness.
Now it's Saturday and I am still sick.  My eye waters constantly and I can only breathe through one nostril.  Josh seems better, albeit exhausted from waking up with the boys everyday and doing everything around the house while I am trying to get well.  Jack is 100% except for this cough that will not go away. If he still has it Monday, I imagine we'll be heading back to the doctor.  And Logan (praise God!) has not had anymore diarrhea and has not complained of a stomach ache once today, whereas yesterday he was nearly in tears for hours saying his belly & bottom hurt.
It sure was a crappy way to spend the week we had Josh home with us. But if I must look for a silver lining, it's that I haven't been sick in a long time and that Josh was home to take care of the boys and I when we needed him the most.
Here's hoping that I, along with the rest of the gang, am feeling all better by Monday when Josh goes back to work.

1 comment:

Aniko said...

Another silver lining in all of this sickness is that you do get to stay home. I know how awful you felt leaving those precious little guys when they were sick. I will keep you in my prayers.

I told your sister this as well, I think that you two should write stories. I think you both have a talent for thoughts and words.

I think you would both be successful with them.

Much love