5.28.2011

Sweet Moments

Today was full of tender moments with my boys.
~
While sleeping on the couch this morning Logan asked to come lay with me. He snuggled up beside me on the couch and lay there for at least an hour, watching his movie, loving on his mommy.
~
I hugged Jack after he followed directions this afternoon and he kissed my neck, looked up at me and smiled saying, "Thank you, mommy."
~
At the park Jack found a dandelion. 
He asked, "What is it, mommy?"
"A flower," I told him.
"Here, mommy. It's for you," he replied, handing it to me.
 ~
Then when Logan saw the dandelion on the table next to me he asked what it was.
"A flower," I told him.
"Who from?"
"Jack."
"Why?"
"Because mommies love flowers."
"I'm going to find you a flower, mommy."
And he got on his little bike & rode away.
Quite a bit of time elapsed and I had all but forgotten about his mission when back he came, pedaling like mad, one wilting yellow dandelion clutched in his fingers awkwardly as he tried to steer.
"Here, mommy, I found it! I found you a flower."
My eyes instantly welled up with tears.
~
I am so blessed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 And for laughs, 
here are a few things the boys say that I think are cute and don't want to forget...

-Instead of asking for "whip cream" on their hot cocoa, they ask for "rip cream."

 -Instead of saying "without", they say "for-out".  
(Like, "Don't ride for-out your helmet!")

-When playing ball they say, "Catch it to me!"

1 comment:

Marilynn said...

I love them soooo much. xoxox