2.15.2012

eight whole months

 Our sweet Wyatt Nathanial is eight whole months today.  
3/4 of a year old. 
I can't believe it.

 I keep thinking of our trip home this summer 
and I can hardly believe that he will turn one while we are there.

 He loves to dance.  
And watch his brothers dance.

 He is super ticklish, and can anticipate that you are going to tickle him.  
He'll start cracking up before you even touch him!

 His favorite activity (bar none) is bath time.  
He loves to splash & chew on his bath toys. 

 He loves to study his hands & feet under water, 
and watch as his big brothers play in the tub.

 We got a box last week with our bath seat in it.  
It's the same kind of seat we had for the twins.  
I {adore} this bath seat.  
If your baby can even kind of sit up, it's awesome.

 We love it!

 Wyatt can stay in the bath a lot longer, playing with his toys & splashing like mad.

 And it seems safer than the reclined seat I had. 
He started sliding out of that one, reaching for the water or his brothers' toys.  
With his new one he has more autonomy, and can't get his face in the water!

 He's not crawling yet, but he does roll all over the rug, 
finding toys & drooling like it's going out of style.

 Just like his brothers. (Pictured here at eight months.)

 They look related, but Wyatt definitely has his own look.

 After a while on his tummy, he'll get frustrated 
and bury his head in his hands, 
getting slobber all over his face & up to his elbows.

 This is my new favorite picture of Super Wy.
This was taken in the truck the day we fell in the ice.
I love how chubby his cheeks look in his cozy hat,
and how blue his eyes are in the daylight.
 ---
My only complaint about this beautiful cherub is that he doesn't sleep through the night. 
Not even a four hour stretch.  He's up about every three hours. 
During the day he naps great & is a happy boy.
I'm hoping his nights will improve with time.
But if the twins are any indication, I should not hold my breath!
---
Happy Eight Month Birthday,
Beautiful Baby Boy!!!

4 comments:

Marilynn Raatz said...

He does have his own look, except that he shares that look with you when you were a baby. THOSE EYES!!!
Dallas and I just laughed and laughed when we saw the one of the twins when they were crawling, he is going to reference that picture when he draws cherubs!!
Your babies are scrumptious!!

Rox said...

I want to pick him up!!! I remember (and adore) that Elmo shirt! His hair looks so soft, I wonder if he'll have baby curls?! He seems to be growing lengthwise, but still so edibly chubby! I love this age, I'm glad you're enjoying it! And I pray he sleeps through the night, eek, that is so rough.

Stacey said...

I'm going to have to get one of those bath seats!!! I feel ya on the night time sleep hours. Amelia USED TO sleep through the night, we're talkin' 8 or more hours in a night. That only lasted about a month, now she's up every three hours also... WHYYYYY???

Julie said...

I love all the pics of all three of them drooling. He's so danged cute!!