3.06.2012

answers

Are you growing your hair out?
Yes, I am. I think having long hair will be nice here since I never style it. I can easily pull it back into a pony tail, or braid it, and be on my way!

What do you miss from home?
I miss the moisture in the air.  I miss going out to eat.  I miss seeing different things-- tree lined roads, manicured front yards, things of beauty like that.  And the green. I miss the green.
I also miss going to the movies.

What do you drink? Coffee? Tea?
I drink mostly water.  Occasionally (like once or twice a week) I will have a cup of coffee (equal parts creamer & coffee) if I didn't sleep well. And I don't drink tea unless I am sick.  Then it's raspberry zinger or something herbal.
We have a lot of Crystal Light packets, and we make those to have in pitchers in the fridge.  We also drink KoolAid. Orange is my favorite, and wouldn't you know it, they don't carry that flavor at the Anchorage Fred Meyer.
And for milk, which I mostly only have in my cereal, we use powdered.  I've been surprised at how well we all transitioned from regular to powdered.

What sweets do you miss?
I miss fancy pieces of pie (from Shari's) or cake (from Red Lobster) as well as donuts. A good old fashioned maple bar would be fabulous!

How long does it take a flat rate box to reach you?
If you ship it from the post office near the Portland Airport, it can reach us in as little as five business days.  Otherwise it tends to take about seven to ten business days.  And non-priority (parcel post) boxes take even longer. Sometimes over three weeks, especially if they are large.

My own random, two cents:
I am growing nervous for my trip home.  Josh keeps telling me that I will not believe what a stimulation overload it will be. And Mary came over the other night and she said I will want to buy three grocery carts full of groceries just because I can!  I'm curious what the adjustment will be like, and how I will respond.  I guess soon enough we will see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for responding to our questions! I bet you are so excited to return home even though you are growing nervous. & also enjoy your upcoming visit with your in-laws. How exciting they are making a trip to see you all!