6.14.2012

One

One is the number of the day...
We have been here one month.

We have had one great cousin playdate at Nanny's:






















We have had one second cousin/great aunt gathering:



We have one boy from each sister who looks just like their Daddy:

(And one boy who was not interested in being in the grass!)



We had one fireside dinner with Julie's family:
Hot dogs, smores & trampoline jumping = fun for all our boys.









We went miniature golfing one time:





We have been to the zoo one time:






 We have gone to the beach one time.
(And will go again on Friday. Hooray!)

I have had one root canal.
(Poor me.)

We visited the boys' old preschool one day, 
and then had one case after another after another of Hand Foot & Mouth Disease:






There was one big birthday celebration last weekend:






And tomorrow the baby will officially turn one:




All of this has lead to one tired mama. 

I am ready for summer, for vacation, for sunshine and for healthy kids.
I am not ready for the baby to be a whole year old.
I am not ready for the other two cavities I need filled.
I was not ready to be up for the day at 4am this morning when Wyatt awoke.

Despite all of this, though, I am one happy mama, who is very in love with her boys.

6 comments:

Barb Miller said...

One great post!

Jessica said...

Looks like you are having one great summer!

Julie said...

So many great pictures! Wyatt in the box is so cute. Happy Birthday little buddy!

Angela said...

Happy birthday to all your boys!

Kasey said...

Just wanted to pop in and say I miss your blog, but I know you are having an amazing summer and we'll get to read all about it in a few weeks. Also, you look fabulous in these pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have been enjoying your blog very much. My family is considering starting our own Alaskan adventure soon. I am a K-8 Regular and Special Ed Teacher and my husband is soon to be certified in 7-12 Mathematics. We have two sons (ages 12 and 8 and a furry kid as well who would be making the journey with us if at all possible). The job prospects in our home state, Maine, are not good. I have been seeking employment since receiving my certification in 2010 with no luck. We have been researching and gathering information and it is great to have found a blog like this to see what it is really like. Our biggest concern with making this type of change is our children. We want to make sure they will be safe, happy and get a good education. I could go on and on with questions but I won't. I will ask you one though. Are there any teachers there with school age children? Do they attend the local school or are they home schooled like you are planning on doing Pre-K with your twins. Any info you might be able to offer on this topic would be greatly appreciated. If you would prefer to email me about it my email is ShiloMcManus@aol.com.

Best Wishes,
Shilo