7.19.2012

an exciting life

So I was on the phone yesterday with a girl from the Vancouver Clinic, making a shots appointment for Wyatt & a follow up for me.  She wanted to confirm she had the right address.  

 Yep, I told her, the PO Box is accurate. We live in rural Alaska during the school year, my husband is a teacher, and we are just here for the summer.  


Is it always dark there? she asked.

 I told her no.  That where we live it does get mostly dark-- about four hours of sunlight at the most, but that in the summer it's mostly light. You get both extremes.

 We continued on, making appointments and figuring schedules when I told her that one particular day wouldn't work because the twins have Grandma's Camp. 

 Twins?!? she asked.  Wow, you have an exciting life!
---

This stuck with me, and I can't stop thinking about it.  

 I guess I really do have an exciting life.  

 For some reason her saying that really made it hit home.  

I am living an adventure.  

 And I am kind of excited to get back to it. 
----------

 Meanwhile we are making the most of our time here,
enjoying family, friends & the Great Northwest.

 I miss blogging and will be happy to get back into my routine of consistent blogging.  


I appreciate everyone who has mentioned they miss me... miss the blog.

 After a while I started to wonder if my life is really all that exciting to read about, but you loyal readers have made it clear you miss my posts & that makes my heart swell. 

 Thank you! 

 {{hugs}}

9 comments:

Krystle said...

Okay your boys have grown leaps and bounds! They are just beautiful and you look amazing and YES, you have an incredible life!
Thanks for the update!

Stacey said...

What is Wyatt about to get stuck in the mouth with?? LOL. Such a wonderful family Shelly!!!

Rebecca Jackson said...

Glad you're having a wonderful summer! Can't believe how old Logan and Jack are looking. And, Mr. Wyatt is just precious!

Rox said...

Love my big squeezes from Logan! And Jack in his gladiator helmet cracks me up.

Amos said...

Your life is quite a happy journey! Thank you for a little update, I have missed reading your blogs. It's always like the book you just can't put down! Enjoy the rest of your summer @ home, it truly looks like you all have wedged every ounce of fun into it :)

Barb Miller said...

Yeah...blogging fix from Shelly...should get me through the rest of summer!

Angela said...

Of course I miss it when you don't blog! But obviously you are doing what you should be doing right now, enjoying life and family. Your boys are all getting so big! Looking forward to the next post.

Cassie said...

So glad to hear you're enjoying your summer visit! You do have an exciting adventure to live each day, and I love reading about it. :)

trooppetrie said...

i am new to your blog and just wanted to say hi and let you know I have enjoyed looking around tonight