12.25.2012

Christmas Day

I will tell you, this is the first year that as a mom I have wished Santa really did exist!  It was a lot of work to get the boys' castles unwrapped and set up, as well as for Josh to put together Wyatt's baby stroller/cart!  But it was well worth the work.







When they all came down this morning to see what Santa had left, 
and their little eyes lit up, we knew it had been worth it.













 When the twins opened their Super Why toys, Wyatt exclaimed excitedly, "Super Why! Super Why!" 
which sounded more like "Surprise! Surprise!" and it was so cute!  
He is our Super Wy!


My absolute favorite gift this year was a Shutterfly photo album/scrapbook that my sister-in-law and best friend Julie made for me.  


Jack opened it, and then I spent the morning looking and re-looking at the pictures she included of our families (she has three boys as well) together over the summer. It makes me excited for this summer.

Another special surprise gift was from Josh. We weren't exchanging gifts this year, but a native woman was selling her jewelry at the school, and Josh bought these Yupik earrings for me.  They look like the fans that the natives use during their Eskimo dances.  They will look great with my guspik.

Josh got a pizza pan, an emergency food stash for work (beef jerky, almonds, Corn nuts & granola bars) and a watch. 
They were all hits!

And together Josh and I got a Date Night Package from his parents.  It included popcorn, candy, a summer sausage snack set, jammies for each of us, and a movie.  It was very thoughtful and we are both excited to have such a great date night stash.

From my mom I got a beautiful pink leather case for the Tablet Josh got me for my birthday.
I love it!  In a house full of boys, I gotta bring the pink!






 The twins got a Tackle Buddy from my parents.  
They LOVE it. 

Especially Jack:


 We are big Seahawk fans and Josh said that Jack is the next Kamtrack.
If you saw the game on Sunday, you'll get the reference.

He is so loving that guy!


 Wyatt enjoyed opening his presents.
It was hard to Logan & Jack to be patient and let him do it himself!

 He really loved the airplane my mom got,

 and the Leap Frog baby "laptop" that Josh's parents got him.

 He also loved his new baby, who came complete with her own binky.

 Kisses!


Ever since Wyatt was really small, he has been very excited to have more than one of his taggies at a time. So we got in the habit, if he had two taggies (usually one in each hand) to say, "Two taggies!?!" like we can't believe it.  So now whenever he has two of anything, he will say, "Two _________!"


For instance, today, he had "Two binkies!?!"
I love this kid!

This afternoon while I made dinner, Josh took the twins out to play in the snow. The crazy wind we have had for the last four days finally died down, and it was ten degrees out, so the boys were antsy to get out there.  They dug in the snow, played in the back of the truck and rode their sleds.
They came in about thirty minutes later with huge smiles, and white spots in the middle of their rosy cheeks where frost bite had already started.  The weather here is pretty severe from October to April, so we take the little moments we can to get outside.  This afternoon was the perfect example of that!

Once they came in, they had hot cocoa and waited for dinner to be done. (Ham, corn & mashed potatoes- yum!) Then came my favorite part of dinner- DESSERT!  Peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses planted in the middle.  Double yum!

After dinner it was jammies, stories & bed for our happy, exhausted crew.
What a wonderfully Merry Christmas we had.
I am feeling so blessed by this little family Josh and I have created.
We are so lucky to have each other.

4 comments:

Barb Miller said...

What wonderful Christmas memories you are making for your little guys! Looks like you had a perfect day! Merry Christmas!

Rox said...

Merry Christmas all the way from Washington!

Logan's (frozen) face in the last picture looks like you! Happy to read about your day. I appreciate you taking pictures of everything, almost feels like I was there. :)

Kasey said...

Merry Christmas! Simon got almost the same things (airplane, LeapPad, & a baby. It's what little boys like :)

Marilynn Raatz said...

What a beautiful Christmas!!! The happy faces of the boys made me smile. I remember the night before putting the toys together, setting it all up. Isn't is wonderful to see their excitement? I love all the pictures. I am so happy that they love their gifts. Your earring are beautiful! Wyatt looks so little
next to the stroller. Such a sweetheart with his baby!
The boys are lucky to have such great parents to give them a beautiful Christmas!!!