3.24.2013

random Sunday post


Susan took this picture from the air when she was coming back from Anchorage a while back. I thought it was so perfect.  You can really see where we live... in the middle of nowhere!  I labeled a few things to show you- the school, our house (ours is the row furthest to the right, and that "road" you see that veers off the photograph leads to the airport) and the frozen river down front.  

Last year, if you remember, we walked across that river. It was really cool, but now that I've seen it un-frozen (is that a word?) I don't think I will ever do it again.

I guess ignorance was bliss.
---
I was re-reading my blog from this time of year in 2010 and came across this post.  You should read it. I laughed out loud. Then I read it to Josh and apologized for jinxing us. Ha!

I guess it's true what they say--
God knows what's best.
---
I also came across this blog post:
I was dying listening to the song "Pray For You" that I have on there.  It's a classic.
---
And an older post of books I heart circa 2010 as well.
I enjoyed reading it, and seeing that some of my favorites are still my favorites.
What Remains by Carole Radziwill
and 
The Birth House by Ami McKay
are two that jumped out at me from that post. 
You just gotta read them.
---
And lastly,
with this quote:

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
-D. Markova
---
Happy Sunday evening!

No comments: