11.10.2013

Big Kids

My best friend Julie and I are lucky in many ways.  It's good for us to remember those ways because currently we are 2836 miles away from each other for nine months of the year. So counting those blessings is important.

We are lucky because not only are we best friends, we are also family.  We are lucky because not only does she love me, she loves my husband (her brother) and my sons (her nephews). We are lucky because I love not only her, but also her husband (my brother-in-law) and her sons (my nephews).  We are lucky because our kids, despite having an age difference of 14 years from oldest to youngest, go together like peanut butter & jelly.  They play together, laugh together, and get along like the best of friends.

We are lucky because we spent the summer making awesome memories (like this one, when we ate at Burger King and the only kid who sat with the grown ups was Wyatt) and spending every moment we could together, camping, riding bikes, eating yummy food and playing at the beach.

We are lucky because the distance doesn't pull us apart, instead it brings us together.

~

Today's Daily Gratitude:

Memory Books

... to remember cherished moments with family


No comments: