11.11.2013

Weekend Update + What Makes Me Happy

Weekend Update:

I am slowly finding my way back from the dark tunnel that is anxiety.  In this picture I can still see it in my eyes, and below my eyes, where shadows lurk.  Friday I could still feel it rising in my throat, beating in my heart and gripping my stomach.  But each day it has lessened.  And yesterday I had no anxiety. None. The blessed relief that was a normal weekend, panic-free, I cannot accurately describe to you.

I am grateful for both the medication and the support of those around me to do what I needed to take care of myself. It wasn't an easy decision, but one I am proud of myself for making.

***

 Cozy time with these guys this weekend was the best.  We watched cartoons Saturday morning, and had family movie night.  Per Jack's request, we watched The Polar Express.  Josh said he can hardly believe it's mid-November and the holidays are around the corner. I agree. The fall has gone so quickly.

***

Friday & Saturday there was still no snow on the ground.  We had an entire day of serious rain on Friday that made me miss the beach, and by Sunday there was a thin dusting of snow.  I am curious when we will get more snow, but not at all anxious for it to make its arrival. Once it comes, it doesn't go away, so I am enjoying the respite.


Friday I made four loaves of bread and this weekend I made banana bread and cookie dough to stock up the freezer.  I also gave the boys haircuts.  They look so fresh & handsome!

***


The highlight of my weekend was on Friday afternoon when I scooped Wyatt up from a tantrum, hugging him tight and he said to me, "You're my best friend, mom."
{swoon}

---

What Makes Me Happy:

1. New Hanna Andersson pajamas!
They are the softest cotton jammies, and my boys adore them.
Plus, I think they look pretty darn cute in them.

2. My birthday is in one week!!!
{And I am loving the accumulation of birthday gifts collected at the post office, waiting for the 18th!}

3. The recent appearance of little notes from my guys.


*

4. The boys practicing what they learn, using the term "diagram" and engineering new "inventions" in the bath tub. They make me so proud everyday.

5. Inspiration found on bookmarks & in other places.
I especially love this one.


***

Today's Daily Gratitude:

Josh
I love our love story

2 comments:

Rox said...

I think that picture of you is beautiful, but I can't see the anxiety that it reminds you of. I also can't believe it's mid-November... and Mom said every year it goes faster and faster! Remember when we were kids and the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was unbearable? HA! I can't wait for your birthday, there's a gift from me in the package from Mom and Dad. Love you!

Cindy said...

LOVE that bookmark!!