11.20.2013

My Baby Guy

Happy Wednesday!

Today I wanted to share these adorable pictures of Wyatt in the tub back in August.  
This was right before his first haircut after summer.

Things here, on Day 3 of no anxiety, are settling back into normal. It feels so good, I am euphoric.  I feel like I was in a deep, dark tunnel and suddenly I have been thrust into the sunlight. It feels so good and warm on my face.  I have lost my fear of the future, and even more than that, there are things I'm looking forward to.

Mainly being reunited with loved ones in May.  I find that's what I like to fantasize about.  Our little boys marching, all in a row, through the airport, on our way to find grandmas & grandpas, aunts & uncles.  Hugs & tears & laughter.  It's going to be good. So good.

I think that when I hit the two-week mark on medication, I thought I should *snap* be magically cured, and when I wasn't feeling better, I started freaking out.  Thankfully a friend of my mom's (hi, Debbie!) mentioned that it took her 3-4 weeks on medication before she started feeling the effects. This gave me the hope I needed to carry on.  Today marks three weeks for me, and I woke up this morning with zero anxiety symptoms.

A negative thought will come in, and I will watch as it floats back out.  A bad feeling will come over my body and I will acknowledge it, but carry on, causing it to lose its power. 

But the best part is how happy my kids are that I am well.  They want to play and read and laugh with me, and it makes me so happy.  I am so thankful that I am here with them.  That I am well.  Coming out of this hard period has also created a gratitude for my husband that is deeper than ever before. He really loved me through this, not only keeping up his responsibilities, but taking mine on as well.  

I am so blessed by Josh, those precious boys, and the fact that my medication is finally working.  This is one happy (relieved) mama.

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, 
pales in comparison to what lies within you."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

***

Today's Daily Gratitude:

MAIL
letters, boxes, 
packages, magazines

4 comments:

Tabitha Studer said...

so happy for you:) That Emerson quote is so amazing. Holy moley, made me feel inspired today! xxxox

Marilynn Raatz said...

Happy, happy mom here! I'm so relieved for you. Tears of joy and thankfulness.

Elizabeth said...

I love that quote and so thrilled you are feeling better. PS I mentioned you on my blog yesterday - hope that is ok ;-)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better Shelly! Debbie