11.19.2013

Really? Really.

 Well, wow. 

 Yesterday was awesome. 
Amazing. Terrific. Special. Fabulous.

 It snowed. And snowed and snowed. All day long. And now Marshall is covered in a sparkly blanket of white that is so bright & beautiful.

 Something else that's bright & beautiful? This guy. As soon as Josh got home from work Logan lugged his humongous reading book off the bookshelf and asked Daddy to listen to him read.  My mama heart swelled in pride as he sounded out words, forming sentences.  I can't believe it sometimes.

I taught them to read.
I did that.
It's spectacular.

Another thing that made yesterday magic? Reading. I am finally able to get into a book, which I haven't been able to do in weeks.  My latest read is Stella Bain by Anita Shreve for my book club, and I am loving every page.

 But really, what really made my day special yesterday was you guys. I think I had nearly 100 Happy Birthday wishes on my Facebook page. Plus comments on the blog and text messages and phone calls.

 And the topper? 
Skyping with my mom for nearly two hours during nap time.  
It was so good to see her face.

 Josh made me a cake, did the dishes and made me dinner. Thoroughly spoiling his girl on her big day. 

*

A few people mentioned wanting to know what was in all those presents I took pictures of yesterday.  Your wish is my command:

 Josh's sister, Julie, who happens to be my bestie, blessed me again this year with a present to open every hour on my birthday.  

 My favorite, by far, is this bracelet.

 It says:
LET WHATEVER YOU DO TODAY BE ENOUGH.


It's sort of my mantra this year. 
And this bracelet is such a super cool reminder.


 My mom bought me these Sorel slippers,
which are like hugs for my feet.

 Julie, fellow mother of three boys, said nothing makes chores go away, but that maybe pink wash cloths & happy smelling dish soap would make doing them more pleasant. Love her.

From Josh I requested some sleepwear.  
He got me this blue one and a few others. 
I love all of them & am excited for new duds to sleep in.

 My sister & Julie both bought me socks, which make for happy feet, which, as you know, makes me smile.

 Julie also sent a book and a beautiful journal.
I love empty journals.
They're so inspiring.

 She also included Barnes and Noble & iTunes gift cards.

 And I got Vanilla Bean Noel body wash & lotion from her.
And to keep summer fresh in my mind, she sent along some sunless tanner.
It made me smile to think someday it will be summer again.

 My mom sent a Birthday Cake candle (& accessories) that smells delish!

 Julie sent along some stationary-- cute stickers (my fav) and fun cards.

 She also sent hair pretties, earrings, yummy chapstick and a best friend necklace. It's a puzzle piece that says "YOU". (Hers says "ME".)

 Julie & Roxanne weren't only the same page about socks.  They also both got me nail stuff. Roxanne got me super sparkly pink & raspberry polishes, and Julie got me a gel kit (with a light!) that I'm excited to try out.

And last, but not least, Julie sent me some treats-- Red Vines (even though she prefers Twizzlers) and every variety of M&M's possible.

***

Overall, I would say yesterday is the best day I have had since I got here.  Aside from a little anxiety in the morning, I had no panic, and it felt so good to be in a good place emotionally.  I could feel all your prayers & well wishes.  So thank you.

Thank you so much.

***
Today's Daily Gratitude:

good lotion
chapstick

3 comments:

Alida said...

Shelly, I am jealus , you got so much stuff for your birthday. Must have been a great day. The boys are so handsome and smart. Lucky you to have a husband that does all that for his wife. Cake, supper, and do the dishes. You lucky girl. Good for you.
Alida

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had such a great day and that you got so many wonderful things to help lift your spirits! If I were to guess, I would say you may have more things rolling in. : )

Marilynn Raatz said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday honey! I LOVED skyping with you. Seeing your beautiful face, laughing with you - I got a present too!