11.18.2013

It's My Birthday. I'm Thirty-One-Derful

Today is November 18th. It's a special day for me.
It's my birthday.


Today I turn 31. 
When I was little, and my grandma was turning 51, 
she told me she was turning fifty-one-derful.  
So this morning I told my boys I am turning thirty-one-derful.

I kind of still can't believe I'm in my thirties, let alone that I'm 31 today.  
This has me wondering, "What do I want before I turn 32?"

Mostly I am hopeful that 31 will be amazing. 
The last few months of 30 have been challenging.

For 31 I hope for more growth, more writing, and continued loving parenting.  
I hope for closeness for Josh and I, fearlessness & a lack of anxiety for myself, and a general letting go.

I also want to keep blogging consistently.  
I love it oh so much. 
I get so inspired when I write my heart to you guys.

{fingers crossed} 
It's going to be a great year!

***

Today's Daily Gratitude:

My life
all of it:
every detail...
every story...
...cause it's made me who I am

8 comments:

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday shelly!!! Best wishes for a year full of blessings.

S-J said...

Happy Birthday :) That is a lot of presents!!!! lol

Katie (Your New Jersey fan) said...

Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy your day, enjoy your family, and enjoy being thirty-one-derful!

Lenny Benologa said...

I love the pictures of your kids/family on the wall at the top! :)

Cheers to yet another great year of Life!

Sally said...

Happy Birthday! All the best for the next twelve months. I hope all your dreams and wishes come true.

Rox said...

How nice of Josh to decorate, that's so sweet!

Annery said...

Happy belated birthday!