11.13.2013

New Years Resolutions revisited

With the holidays around the corner, 
I thought it was time to revisit my New Years Resolutions for 2013 
and see how I did eleven months later.

1. Be true to myself

*Don't apologize for homeschooling
*Don't apologize for not attending church

I would say I have spent most of the year being true to myself. It's not easy. I tend to like to apologize for being myself. But I am so much happier if I worry first about what I think, and about what others think later. Or not at all.


2. Live a simple life

*Cut out technology
*Don't expect too much from yourself

In terms of living the "simple" life... it sure takes a lot more effort than it sounds like!  Last winter & spring, I would say I did well. This summer was so fast-paced, I am still recovering, and this fall has been faster paced than I'd like. But overall, I'd say I am getting there.  I would really love to spend more time unplugged with the kids. Less TV, less screen time.  It's definitely something I'm going to continue working on.


3. Write a novel

*Make time to write
*One sentence counts

And as for my novel, I am raising babies. And right now, the two aren't compatible.  Or, if I wanted it more, maybe I would be doing it. Either way, I am content with blogging and journaling.  So novel-writing is definitely on the back burner.

***

Today's Daily Gratitude:

Books
they make me so happy!

No comments: