11.29.2013

Second Annual Marshall Thanksgiving

We awoke to this gorgeousness Thanksgiving morning.
A wonderful reminder of our creator & the beauty he shares.

In the afternoon we hosted our second annual Marshall Thanksgiving for the staff,
and it was a huge success.  
We had 23 people here, including our family.
It was so much fun!

Martin cut the turkey for us with his electric carving knife,
and everyone brought delicious food to share.
There was so much food!

Our boys were asking all.day.long if it was 3:00 yet.  They were so excited to have company and to get to eat all the yummy foods they kept smelling.  When their friends finally arrived, they had so much fun sharing their toys, showing off their room and trying new foods. 

Mostly they wanted dessert! 
Fudge, pumpkin pie (with whip cream, of course) & chocolate cookies!

I didn't take any pictures, I decided instead to just enjoy the day, so I was grateful that Peter snapped a few!  It really felt like a magical day.  We each shared one thing we were grateful for before we ate, and what I said is definitely what I felt in my heart-- this community. I am so grateful that even though I am thousands of miles from family & loved ones, I have people here who care about me & my family.  That is truly the best feeling.

On the agenda today, aside from enjoying this snow globe we're living in, is putting up Christmas decorations.  I am really excited to hang twinkle lights, decorate the tree and uncover our Christmas books.

***

2 comments:

Nathaniel and Holly said...

Wow, you are brave to host Thanksgiving at your house! Our staff got together up at the school cafeteria and played volleyball afterwards. Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Holly

Kasey said...

Love that you host everyone. And that you enjoyed the day! Looks like a great time.
PS I tagged you in a blog award post to answer 10 questions about you if you are so inclined. And totally ok if you aren't :)

http://www.powersfullife.com/2013/11/27/blog-award/