4.25.2014

Silver Linings


One thing I love about my husband?
He gets me.

Last weekend Logan was wearing two different pajamas (each from a specific set) and when I asked him why he shrugged his little shoulders and said, "Cause I wanted to."  So I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okay. Go brush your teeth."

Josh stood in the middle of the living room, staring at me, mouth gaping open and then said, "Wow! Good for you!" He pulled me into a tight hug and congratulated me on letting the little things (like coordinated pj sets) go.  I thanked him for knowing how hard it was for me to let him wear blue and navy striped shorts with an orange and grey shark shirt.

*
Josh and I have talked a lot the last few weeks about my anxiety, why we think it came about and what, if anything, has come of it.  We managed to find quite a few silver linings.  One is that I have slowed down. I am staying in the moment.  Another positive is that I have lowered my personal expectations. And also, I have learned to lean on Josh.  He has been there for me this year like never before.  Not because he wasn't there in the past, but because I have never needed him before the way I needed him this year.

Because of that, we feel stronger.  
And thanks to getting through everything this year has thrown at me, I feel stronger.

*

No comments: