10.15.2015

God Lifts Them Up


So today is apparently Pregnancy Loss and Remembrance Day, and the conversation I had with Jack at bedtime last night is totally appropriate to the day.

At bedtime we all say our prayers, taking turns until we are done.  They always say thank you for Daddy, Mommy, and their brothers, and occasionally will pray for the baby girl in my belly, asking God to keep her alive.  Last night, mid prayer, Jack turns to me and says, "I don't think God killed those babies you miscarried, mom."  I could tell by his tone that he'd put a lot of thought into it.  He continued, "I think when the babies in your tummy die, God lifts them up and puts them in another belly.  You know, like the belly of a mommy who has zero babies.  God thinks, 'You know, it's not really fair to give them [us] another baby when they already have three boys.' And then he gives the baby to someone without kids yet.  Do you think that mom?"

I shook my head in disbelief at this kid of mine, and told him that I hadn't thought of that before, but that I will totally believe that's the way it happens now.  

So here's to all the babies we've lost 
...or given to another mommy with zero babies. 

***

3 comments:

Tabitha Studer said...

so beautiful and sweet. what a wise boy you have.
xxoxox bless you and your babies, all of them.

Marilynn Raatz said...

Oh I love him!

Cindy said...

That is great! Not so great for a first time mom that it happens to BUT pretty profound and caring thoughts for a little guy!