10.12.2015

Like Father, Like Son


The Cunningham genes, as most of you have probably noticed, are strong.  Josh has cousins that look like they could be his twins (hello Adam, hello Jake) and their children (especially Brent!) look just like our boys do.  I think as Josh ages, he looks more like his dad, and I imagine that as our boys age, they will look just like him, too.  

Complete strangers have told us how much our boys look like Josh (and each other).  At camping this summer I took all three boys potty when we woke up.  So we trekked by the pool, where a lady was doing maintenance and she said, "Holy smokes they look just the same! They're not triplets are they?" I laughed and said no and we visited a minute.  


About twenty minutes later we were back at camp and Josh, who had just woken up, said, "The weirdest thing just happened when I was coming back from the bathroom.  This lady came up to me and said, "You must be the dad. Do you have three little boys?"  

I laughed out loud.  


They really do look just alike, the four of them.  I can't tell you how many people have asked if the boys are triplets (which boggles my mind, seeing as Wyatt is three years younger) and how many have asked if I actually had anything to do with them.  I laugh and assure them I have the stretch marks to show for growing them.

I think it was my sister-in-law Julie who was joking that I am just a vessel for the Cunningham genes.  She was pretty much spot on.

***

3 comments:

Hollyparlier said...

They really do look remarkably alike! I dont feel like any of our kids look like David at all. As I was reading your last post, I did think that perhaps Baby Girl would look like her Daddy too ;) I have a niece who looks just like her Daddy (but in a pretty, feminine way!).

Petersons said...

Maybe your baby girl will change all of that!

Unknown said...

I'm probably the odd-ball here but for a long time I have thought the twins look like a 60/40 split in your favor (they look 60% like you and 40% like Josh), and Wyatt is like an 80/20 split in Josh's favor.
I see A LOT of you in Logan's & Jack's eyes and smiles.
I wouldn't mistake the 3 boys for triplets, but there's definitely enough resemblance to tell they're siblings.
I think it'll be fun to see who Baby Girl looks more like, but I think we can all agree she'll be a beautiful baby no matter what.
~ Faith, Hope, Love, & Be Well! :)