I will be honest. The part that scared me most about signing up for the 60 day workout challenge wasn't the workouts. It was the eating. I love food. I love to eat. I love to reward myself with food and I hate to deprive myself of food.
But by making my goal simply "better than before", I was able to slowly change my eating habits and am now eating MUCH better than before. I stick to serving sizes, never tell myself "no" about eating something, and remind myself constantly that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So I've had a slice of pizza or a piece of cake. But I haven't had three slices of pizza or an entire cake. And that, my friends, is progress!
For those interested, on the typical day I eat:
- A Shakeology shake for breakfast with 3/4 cup of almond milk, 12 ice cubes, 4 strawberries, a banana, a handful of spinach and a few blueberries, mixed in my in-laws' amazing Vitamix
- A huge sandwich for lunch with cheese, lunchmeat, lettuce, tomato, mustard & light mayo, as well as an apple or pickle and sometimes Sun Chips.
- Wheat Thins & Cream cheese or Beef Jerky for snack
- A healthy family dinner, like lasagna, tacos or chicken & rice.
- And finally I tend to give myself a Skinny Cow frozen dessert after the boys are in bed because the "eating once the kids are in bed" habit has been hard to break.