I've been doing a LOT of reading in 2017,
so I thought I'd do a super-quick book review of what I've read so far!
Truly Madly Guilty:
- liked it, but didn't love it
- did enjoy the hoarding storyline in this one
Chasers of the Light:
- great for love quotes
- and life quotes
- my personal favorite:
you will not spend
so much time
and trying to keep your
head above the waves
that you forget,
how much you have always
What Was Mine:
- messed with my mind!
- good writing
- makes you side with the kidnapper!!!
- not a fan of this one
- i was unimpressed, and it felt looooong
- i skimmed to the end
- too fantasy-like
The Precious One:
- we read this for book club in March-- join us!
- good, makes you root for love
- slow in parts, though
- i want to read her new one:
- her other books are better than The Precious One:
- helped me have a bigger faith
- full of awesome quotes, lots of underlining
- that said, it was difficult to finish
The Memory of Light:
- everyone should read this book
- spot-on descriptions of mental health issues
- i want to read ALL his other works
- utter disappointment after her other novels (ie me before you)
- so slow moving
- main character is very much one dimensional
Britt-Marie Was Here:
- found myself rooting for her
- better understand her after reading about her in My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry
- (but it's not at all necessary to read MGAMTTYSS first)
- i've loved all his books
- next up:
Inside The O'Briens:
- amazing characters that easy to connect with
- helps you understand every aspect of Huntington's disease
- first book i listened to on Audio-- where has this been all my life?!?
- i love all of her books
The Girl on the Train:
- wow. listened on audio & could not turn it off
- so many story lines, deep characters
- and crazy turns of events
- loved it
What are you reading? And do you like it? Love it?
Who are your favorite authors?