6.14.2018

On Wyatt Turning Seven

Tomorrow Wyatt turns seven.  And after the last six months we've had with that kid battling status asthmaticus (asthma that doesn't respond to treatment) in the PICU in Spokane, multiple ER visits and round after round of steroids, I am just so grateful to be celebrating another birthday with him here on earth with us. 

Before we look at the last year, though, I want to take a walk down memory lane...


























Oh this boy.  He has always been a light in my life.
He gave me purpose when Josh was gone in Alaska setting up our life there, and he kept me going after my two miscarriages.  He brings me so much joy, and I am so thankful that God knew we needed him in our family.

***

This year was a year of remarkable growth for Wyatt.  He became a better swimmer, an amazing reader, and a remarkable gardener.  He is a sweet friend, an incredible big brother, and the bravest kid I know.  Throughout all his battles with his Reactive Airway Disease and his asthma (being hospitalized, taking disgusting medicines and doing more nebulizer treatments than you can count!) he has been the most amazing patient.
He is a loving cousin, the best helper, and an enthusiastic baseball player, willing to play any position with the best attitude on the team.  This year he had his hearing checked and may end up getting tubes after suffering three months of ear infections and back to back antibiotics (a follow up appointment in July will determine his fate) and throughout those appointments as well, he was a champ.
His favorite buddy is his bear, who remains nameless, and he has recently begun sleepwalking, which is highly disturbing to his mother, who was also a sleepwalker. (I guess it's some kind of universal payback. Ha!)  
He is always willing to pay me a compliment about how I'm the best mom in the world.  He adores going anywhere with Josh, and loves all of his extended family so very much- aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.  He's just an all around great kid, whom we all adore.



























Wyatt, you're the coolest seven year old I know. 
And I'm so glad you're ours.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

***

1 comment:

Hollyparlier said...

Happy birthday wyatt! I think 7 is one of the best ages.