6.24.2018

The Oregon Zoo





















Yesterday my mom and I took the kids to the Oregon Zoo.  We had an awesome visit.  Carly was not so sure about going to the zoo because she was scared of seeing the bears, but once we got there, she was excited.  And lucky for her, the bears were sleeping, so they looked pretty sweet & harmless.  We also got to see the cougars who were sleeping.  Carly said she wanted to give them snuggles. 

All three boys were really helpful with keeping an eye on Carly.  She mostly walked, not wanting to be stuck in the stroller, and they held her hand or corralled her back to us when she got to far ahead.
We loved the elephants, the fish, the giraffes and the seals.  

For snack my mom got us elephant ears.  Carly insisted she DID NOT want an elephant ear and that "Nanny, you're teasing me!"  We explained that they were like donuts and she'd like them.  Sure enough, she loved them, and we all enjoyed them very much!

When Carly got cranky toward the end of the day, Jack volunteered to carry her on his shoulders, and she was ecstatic.  She has the best brothers in town, I'm telling you! 

Wyatt & Logan ran ahead at one point on the trail and scared the pants off Nanny.  They were all laughing so hard!  Little stinkers! Hah!

We did so much walking that by the time we were leaving, the kids were all pretty worn out (and honestly, so were my mom and me!), but Wyatt had the worst of it.  His left foot (the one that was broken back in the fall) was hurting pretty bad so I let him climb into the stroller and I got a serious workout pushing him back to the car!  Eventually we made it!

It was a great day, full of great memories!

***

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds like such a wonderful day! We have a zoo trip planned for this summer too.
I love the joy in your mom's face in that picture of Wyatt sitting on the statue - SO sweet.