6.05.2018

Two Souls



On this day ten years ago, I spent my last day being pregnant with twins.  I went to bed planning on a getting a manicure the next day with my mom, hoping to pass the time, waiting for the twins to make their debut.  I was 36 weeks + 6 days on June 5th, and feeling good about how long I had cooked those sweet babes.  Their clothes were washed and tucked away in their dresser; their nursery was ready; and their carseats were in the new (to us) Honda Pilot we had to buy because the double stroller didn't fit in the trunk of the Honda Accord I had owned before we found out we were expecting twins.  
We had chosen their names; packed their diaper bag; and stocked up on diapers.  We were ready. 

Ten years ago I went to sleep having no idea just how much my life would change for the better on June 6th.  How two souls would slip into my life, turn me into a mother, and I would never be the same again.  

***


No comments: