10.10.2019

Week 40 Around Here {2019}




















{October TBR}

{October TBR}








Taking... Wyatt to Spokane for Cystic Fibrosis testing with Josh. (I am so grateful he took the day off work to accompany us.)  Wyatt was a real trooper, so brave.  After the test we took him out to eat, which he loves, and then we went to Target.  We don't have a Target in our home town, so Target was a big treat for me! 

Receiving... the best news from Wyatt's pulmonologist when she called to let us know that his sweat test was negative.  This means that he doesn't have regular, typical cystic fibrosis. 
He could still have a less severe form of CF, diagnosable only by genetic testing, but for now I am basking in the good news of his negative sweat test, and will plan on discussing if he needs further testing with his doctor when we see her again in December.

Running... the car through the carwash for the first time here.  It felt truly magical when it sprayed the car with a rainbow of soaps.  I felt like Carly, who always sees the world with a little extra sparkle.

Feeling... sad for Carly who is now scared whenever she is in the backyard after being stung by a wasp last weekend. I am hoping her fears fade with time.

Happy... for Josh who got to accompany our brother-in-law to the Seahawks game Thursday.  They had a super fun time and he so deserves to have some time to himself, enjoying life. He works so hard for us.  Thank you Bruce, Jennifer & Blake for taking him along! What a blessing!

Watching... I Don't Know How She Does It on Netflix, which I read (book here) over a decade ago in college.  Both the book and the movie are so good, and I love Sarah Jessica Parker, so I highly suggest you watch the movie if you like her too!

Rejoicing... at the news of my friend Tabitha's fifth pregnancy.  I literally gasped when I read her (super cute) pregnancy announcement on Facebook. 

Buying... Jack new shoes so he can run the mile faster in PE.  (His Vans were not providing the foot support he needed to get his workouts up to speed.)  He's improving his time bit by bit every week and I am so proud of him!!!

Reading... The Most Fun We Ever Had, and still loving it (it's just taking a while as it's 500+ pages) and listening to Nevertheless We Persisted on Hoopla. 
I also decided to make an October TBR list because fall is bumming me out a little bit, and having a list of books I want to read always cheers me up!  I have BIG goals this month- I want to read 13 books total, so I can get back on track for (maybe) reading 100 books this year.  With our move throwing off my reading/month numbers, I don't see myself hitting 100, but I bet I can get close, so I am shooting for the moon!  The pictures above (both on my book cart and on my reading chair) are the books I want to read this month, and I have a handful of audio books I plan to listen to as well.
In addition to reading some good books and making plans to read more good books, I swung by our local Goodwill this week and found three new books to add to my TBR shelf.  The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, Summer Island by Kristin Hannah and The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.  Super excited about all of those!!!

Thankful... for a happy package of large, colorful Fiesta Ware cereal bowls my mom sent.  It finishes out my collection of Fiesta Ware dishes and I can't tell you how joyful those rainbow stacks make me when I open my cupboards.

Enjoying... the zucchini bread that Josh made with tiny chocolate chips for us with zucchini he got from his parents' garden.  So yum!!!


*

{hahaha!}

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

All of Carly's hairstyles look so cuuuuute! She is just growing up so quick, I can't stand it! Is she taller? haha, she looks taller to me in all the pics!

So happy to hear about Wyatt's good news from the doc. Still (and always) sending prayers for him and his health :)

(that Michael Buble quote makes me laugh every darn time!)

Thank you for celebrating our big news with us! Eeek! xxxo