7.09.2020

around here: week 26 2020





























Celebrating... Father's Day with Josh and feeling so grateful he's ours! (I wrote about him & how he helps me parent here) Josh got home Saturday evening from helping his sister move and immediately set to work putting together the new back patio table he bought while he was in Portland.  The table is gorgeous and is going to be so perfect for a summer of lunches & dinners and memories made. 

Bearing... a heavy heart as I worry about some family stuff.  This life living and people loving is hard work.  Some days more than others. 

Reading... Little Women to the boys at bedtime, and Happy & You Know It by Laura Hankin in my free time.  The boys have been so worried about Beth, who is currently sick, and I almost feel bad to finish the book!  Happy & You Know It seems good... but a bit light, so I'm not sure I'll stick with it.

Watching... the lilies finally bloom in our front yard and loving them so much!! The orange ones especially are stunning.

Seeing... the allergy doctor to discuss my recent reaction to avocado and set up a blood test to see if that was what I was reacting to.  We should get the results within a few days of the test. 

Kayaking... with the kids twice this week, and it was so much fun.  I am bummed to report, however, that the lake is no longer safe for kayaking, so I'm glad we did it while we could!  (Our lake gets toxic levels of blue-green algae blooms around this time of year, so we have to watch for the reports from the health department.) 

Suffering... so many migraines this week.  It was simply miserable.  I am finding that I have so many more during the summer than any other time of year.  It's odd.  I don't know why, but I am guessing it is a mix of not being on a good sleep routine; the stress of having the kids home full time; and being in the extreme heat/extreme cool from coming in and out of the house.  Thank God for my Sumatriptan- it saves me. 

So, so thankful... for Josh's mom, who has the kids on Tuesdays & Thursdays.  It's such a nice break to only have two kids on those days.  (The twins go Tuesdays and Wyatt & Carly go Thursdays) I love that they get some special time/attention from Grandma, and that whoever is still at home gets some one on one time at home with Josh and I. It's such a huge blessing. 

Getting... a COVID test so I can get the last bit of work I need done on my tooth.  New mandates were put in place last week so I have to be tested before I can get the rest of the work done, so I had to get swabbed.  I had heard the test was bad, but I have to say it wasn't as bad as I imagined.  It was uncomfortable, sure, and it actually made my nose bleed (annoying!) but the pain was totally tolerable. 

Catching... Carly sleeping with her toys, and with her glasses on, and sometimes even with her lamp on.  Silly girl! But honestly, as long as she doesn't come out of her room, I'm happy.

Enjoying... a visit with my mom and sister Friday while all the kids played together.  We had lunch, made cookies for snack, and just enjoyed being together after months apart. I feel so lucky to have them in my life. 

***




My friend Cindy shared this with me, and it made me smile to see what other countries call their bookworms.  I think my favorite might be the french term: "Ink drinker" 

This is so obvious as you read it,
yet how much of my life do I spend worrying?!?

A good reminder that what's coming will come,
and we'll face it when it does. 

***

1 comment:

Marilynn Raatz said...

I loved spending the day with you all! Knowing I was coming back in two days to spend three days with you was the best!