2.23.2009

MY MONDAY

5:48am- Wake up. Did I hear a baby? No. Wait, yes. Go in, give Jack his binky & lovey, turn on the music and contemplate whether or not it's worth getting back into bed. The house is freezing- Definitely climbing back into my warm bed.
6:00am- Alarm goes off. Such a rude noise. SNOOZE.
6:09am- I am really getting up this time. Or not. SNOOZE.
6:18am- I'm up! I'm up! Shutting off the alarm.
6:22am- Checking my blog (as I often obsessively do) to see if anyone has left comments.
6:28am- The boys are awake & making noises. Turn on their bedroom light to let them play in their beds while I shower.
6:35am-Shower was definitely NOT long enough, but I'm afraid the boys are waking up the neighbors.
6:40am- Get dressed in the nursery while singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo". That naughty little bunny. Then make up, jewelry, blowdry. Bring Logan into the bathroom. Curl my hair.
6:58am-Hooray! Mommy's ready! Wake up Daddy & begin feeding bubs.
7:40am- Have packed up everything for a day at Nanny's house, put my lunch together, changed two diapers, dressed two babies, washed bottles, ran a load of laundry & unloaded the dishwasher.
7:45am- Kiss my husband. Take off for Nanny's house.
8:02am-Crap! It's POURING! Decide it's best to carry BOTH babies into my mom's house at once, instead of one then the other. Pray that Nanny answers the door quickly as the boys weigh about forty pounds total.
8:19am- Baby free & trying not to be depressed that the weekend went so fast I listen to Jason Mraz as I drive to work... "I'm Yours"...
8:45am- Morning meeting at work. Can't believe we're back at it already!
9:21am- Eat oatmeal with the kids in the cafeteria. Didn't have time for breakfast at home.
11:37am- Lisa goes on break. Oh, this is impossible without her. Send the kids in intervals to the timeout chair for various misbehaviors. Say, "Stop giving me dirty looks" more than once.
12:15pm- Talk to Scott at recess (who works at our school & is a fellow twin parent) about the insanity of two babies. He makes me feel lucky that I am past the feedings round the clock stage.
1:00pm- Lunch break! Hooray! Read "Multiple Blessings" by Jon & Kate Gosselin. Gives me hope that if they can raise six infants, Josh & I can raise two!
2:45pm- Take my kids to kindergarten for their mainstream time. Tell them we don't eat toys in kindergarten.
3:20pm- Take the kids back to class. Ten more minutes... I can do this!
3:32pm- On the road to mom's house to get my bubba's.
3:41pm- Walk into mom's house. Jack lights up and reaches for me. I LOVE him! Get the lowdown on naps, feeding & poop (wahoo!) and put on coats & hats.
4:01pm- Load the kids up.
4:15pm- Get home & Daddy comes out to help me unload the car & the boys.
4:35pm- On hold with DSHS finding out why the boys' health insurance cards didn't come. Super-Daddy is making us dinner (Salmon, corn & potatoes- yum!) while feeding the boys. I LOVE him!
4:42pm- Done on the phone, scarfing my dinner so that when Josh leaves I will be done eating!
5:07pm- Finished eating & cleaning up the kitchen. Time to change diapers.
5:17pm- Logan's turn. Jack is changed & playing. Slip & say a swear word when I pull down Logan's pants to discover a lovely muddy looking surprise that has leaked both UP his back and DOWN his right leg. Oh, God. It's EVERYWHERE. The changing table is DISGUSTING. Trying to get the covered onesie off his head without getting any on his face proves difficult. Instead I smear it all over his arm. I am laughing hysterically at this point.
5:36pm- Logan is clean. I LOVE him! Call my mom. How do you go about washing it all???
5:42pm- Laundry is running. Thank God for mothers.
6:23pm- Give the boys my old Readers Digest to play with, seeing as they have ZERO interest in any of their own toys.
7:31pm- Baby Einstein is almost over. Must finish up my blog quick before it ends.

At 8:00pm I will change them, feed them & lay them down. Then I will go to bed for some MUCH NEEDED REST.

Being a working mom is plain exhausting!

6 comments:

bbeckster12 said...

WOW! What a day for you! I LOVE reading all of your BLOGS! You are one AWESOME mommy!

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up, choking up, and loving your life Shelly. And you, and your wonderful husband and those lovable babies. I am blessed.
Love, Mom

Kori Hiser said...

I totally loved reading this. You're definitely Supermom, Shelly!

Kristy said...

oh wow, i am exhausted just from reading this! whew, what a day! hats off to you shelly! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha this cracks me up. Now, I want to know, did you journal throughout the day or just take mental notes? And, per Blake's request, would you please post a video of the boys crawling?

The Adelman Twins said...

Thanks for the preview of things to come! I am glad to hear Scott made it into your day. It is amazing how somehow we all get through the days and nights :O)