4.24.2010

logan & jack

{Jack}
Today we were at the park with the boys when another mother asked me if their personalities were different. And I thought, I wonder if people reading my blog wonder the same thing? So, for those of you wondering about the differences between our two little monkeys, here they are.

{Logan}
Logan is a very picky eater. He is also more outgoing, more of a daredevil and a huge flirt!

{Jack}
Jack is a momma's boy (which I love), he will eat anything, and is far more shy than Logan.

{Logan}
They do have the same mannerisms most of the time. They walk with their hands behind their backs, they pat their knees to the music and just use their hands in the same way. (Although it seems that they may be mirror twins after all. Jack eats with his right hand predominantly, and Logan with his left. We will know for sure when they have a dominant writing hand around age five.)

{Jack}
I have also noticed lately that their voices are becoming more and more similar. I can still tell them apart most of the time, but it's getting more difficult.
-
I think it's nice when people ask me if the boys are the same or different. People have a lot of misconceptions about twins, and I like to be able to set the record straight once in a while. The biggest thing I face as a mom of twins in public? People instantly saying, "Double Trouble" when they see the boys. I will not stand for this. I ALWAYS (every.single.time.) say to these people, "No... we say "Twice as Nice." I think it's important that the boys don't grow up hearing that constant negative feedback about their twinship. My favorite comment? "You have been doubly blessed." I hear this mostly from grandma's & grandpa's, and it warms my heart to be reminded of the amazing blessing God has given me.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I had a clerk at a store last week say, "Ah, double delight." I thought that was so sweet.