12.12.2010

A Date with Jack

 Today I took Jack on a date. With Logan being so sick (his fever just broke today- after five days) he's been getting all the attention, and Jack's been feeling quite left out.  So I took him to Costco to pick up our Christmas cards (which are adorable) and on a few other errands.
 With only $11.00 in my pocket, we went to the mall after Costco and I took Jack on a carousel ride and a train ride. (Only $2.00 each!) He was so excited. The look on his face was priceless. It made me completely forget all my troubles. The fact that a simple train ride lit his face up like it did brought me such joy.
After that we got a soft pretzel & water for a treat.  He loved walking like a big boy through the mall, pointing out all the "Sristmas" decorations he could see.  
We also went to Hallmark where I had a $5.00 off coupon.  I let Jack pick out all the stickers he wanted. He got Thomas the Train, Toy Story, Cars & Nemo stickers. We only had to pay about $2.00 out of pocket, and Jack paid the lady, handing her quarter after quarter saying, "Here you go. Here you go. Here you go." God bless the lady for being so patient.  Then, as we walked through the mall, he held his Hallmark bag so proudly.
 After we left the mall we headed to Craft Warehouse to pick up some craft supplies for some homemade Christmas gifts we'll be making. Jack was super excited to buy the supplies.  When we got there we called Josh to let him know we were almost done shopping, and we let the boys talk to each other.  Jack knew Logan was sad we were gone without him, so he said, "I'll be home, buddy. Okay?"  He's such a tender heart.
He was just so happy to walk, hand in hand, and take in all the sights & sounds of the holiday season.  And so was I.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love Jack saying, "I'll be home, buddy. Okay?" Just melts your heart, huh?