12.12.2010

Our Sristmas Tree

 The boys were very excited to get our own Christmas Tree (or Sristmas Tree, as they say) since my mom has had hers up for a while and they LOVE it!  Unfortunately our plans for decorating it were postponed by Jack's Emergency Room visit last weekend, so our tree lay on our walkway until Monday night. Then it sat, undecorated in this corner, until Tuesday night when I was able to rally enough to decorate it. The boys kept asking for me to "turn it on!" before we had decorated. I had to explain it doesn't grow with lights... Mommy & Daddy have to string them on.
Their favorite ornaments are:
Skateboarding Bart Simpson
&
one we have from A Christmas Story of Ralphie trying on his pink rabbit pajamas. You can push this one and it says several different quotes from the movie.
The boys ask every morning for me to turn the tree on and when we are driving they look around, searching for Sristmas lights on the houses.  It's so adorable.
I was happy to have our box of Christmas decorations since this year we are unable to do any shopping.  At least I can use what we have to make the house look festive and cheerful, even if we can't spoil our loved ones like I'd like to!

1 comment:

Rox said...

That is a good looking tree!