8.08.2011

After Parting






















Oh, I have sown my love so wide
That he will find it everywhere;
It will awake him in the night,
It will enfold him in the air.

-Sarah Teasdale

I love this poem that Josh's sister Julie mentioned.  It makes me feel a little better about sending him off to live alone in the freezing tundra... Knowing that I have surrounded him with my love, that he will truly find it everywhere, gives me peace.  I know that I see him everywhere. I see him in the red Honda Civic hatchback parked in the mall parking lot. I see him in the bumper sticker that reads "I can handle the truth".  I see him in my son, Jack, who today said to my little brother, "Dallas, you're a spaz!"  I see him everywhere.  I miss him everywhere. I love him everywhere.

2 comments:

Rox said...

Don't kill me... I'm totally thinking of the episode of Full House when the Tanners go to Disneyland and DJ keeps thinking she sees her boyfriend Steve everywhere! She thinks "Aladdin" is Steve on a parade float and stuff?! (You pretty much WERE DJ Tanner growing up, so I'm not that far off here.)

On a serious note, that poem is great. I can see why you find it reassuring. And we know how much Josh loves you because he put ANOTHER ring on it! Haha!

Julie said...

That's a great picture of Josh and Wyatt!
Yesterday as I was driving home from the library I saw an SUV like yours and a man with a red shirt driving. I thought oh maybe Josh is coming to visit. Then I remembered he won't be visiting any time soon...sad.