8.08.2011

08.08.03

 Cliche as it is to say, 8 years ago today I married my best friend.  We have been through so much together.  College degrees, two pregnancies, three kids, infant twins, lost jobs, car accidents & now this.  I have to believe being separated will be the biggest challenge we face as a couple.  What keeps me going is imagining our reunion a few months from now.  Me wrapping my arms around his neck & our boys wrapping themselves around his legs.  Even when I'm crying, that image can put a smile on my face.




















"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

4 comments:

Rox said...

It's true that distant makes the heart grow fonder, and there is NOTHING like that moment when your family will be together again! Keep on truckin' sista.

Rox said...

distance*

Julie said...

I read a blog yesterday about how love means different things at different stages of your life. For example when I was dating love was roses and jewelry and now love is Conrad doing a load of laundry or putting the kids to bed. I wonder if this separation will change your perspective on love. I know your love is strong, and I imagine this will make it grow more than you thought possible. Happy Anniversary! Love you both so much!

Krystle said...

I can't imagine :( Hoping it goes by really really fast for all of you!