4.10.2012

Spring Happies

 Spring has been arriving on Facebook & in the blogging community for weeks, but I would like to announce that Spring is {finally} here in Marshall.

 The snow is melting, and it's a sludgy, muddy, wet mess out there.  But it's gorgeous nonetheless!  It was forty degrees today and the sun was shining.  While we were outside we heard other peoples' voices (a rarity here) and the boys were like, "What is that? What do I hear?"
Turns out it was a few workers who have come to start work on the bridge to the airport.  They were busying themselves digging out their equipment trucks. 

 Thankfully my mom called yesterday to ask if the boys needed rain boots and offered to buy them some.  While we were at it, I ordered some, too.  They are pink and I can't wait to get them!

 Jack was ecstatic to be out in the snow today because it's wet enough to actually make snowballs. He kept pelting Logan with them and then giggling like mad.

Wyatt could take or leave the great outdoors today.  He is teething his second top tooth, and it's making him miserable.  He's sleeping at night (ten+ hours) but naps are totally hit & miss.  This afternoon, the second I put him on, he was out, cooing sweetly as I followed his big brothers around.

 The boys climbed up & slid down snow mounds, chased each other, threw the aforementioned slushy snowballs and attempted (against my wishes!) to jump in mud puddles.  All the while, I just stood with Wyatt, staring out at the frozen river, feeling grateful that I am home to hold him as he naps. That I am here to take the kids out to play  And that we are happy together.  Life is sweet.

It was so nice out that we even had the window open for about an hour this afternoon.  It was so lovely to have fresh air in the house!

And to close, an adorable funny from Logan:
 As most of you know, Logan has been having trouble sleeping through the night because of being scared/needing to snuggle mommy.  So the last few days we have been talking a lot about being scared, what we're afraid of and what can keep us safe. So today when he wanted to watch Veggie Tales: Where's God When I'm Scared, I was totally on board.
Then tonight at bedtime we were talking about God, a semi-new subject for the twins, and Logan said, "God's in the sky?" I told him yes.  "Does he fly?" I told him kind of.  "How does he fly?"  I told him God is magic.  "Does he sit on a couch?" I told him that God sits on a throne, because he's so special.  
Then he said, "I want a God toy. Then I could play with Him."
---
Happy Spring!


PS- Mom, we LOVE having the thermometer here.  
It's more accurate than the forecast online, and so convenient!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is SO cute! I'll be on the lookout for a God toy for you Logan Bogans ;) I'm so excited for you to have NICE weather. It's such a mood boost to be out in the warm sun.

Marilynn Raatz said...

I loved the Marshall forecast on my phone yesterday. Sunshine every day!!
You are welcome for the thermometer. I am so happy to know the actual temperature.
I love these pictures! You are beautiful! And I have been praying for Logan. What a sweetheart. xoxox