1.18.2013

Hooper Bay

Back in October Josh spent some time for teaching training in Hooper Bay, another village in the Lower Yukon School District. (LYSD)  Hooper Bay is on the Ocean.  

Here is the plane they took from Marshall to Hooper.

I was terrified for Josh to be traveling. I always imagine the worst case scenario.  This generally involves me imagining having to raise our three boys sans a husband & father.  Plus, after spending a good six months apart, I am totally over single parenting. So much work. sigh.

Josh enjoys traveling, loves the airplanes and the excitement of seeing Alaska from the air.  When we were flying out here in August, there wasn't snow, so I could actually see the ground. And I was shocked at how much fresh water there is. It's everywhere, the whole way, from Anchorage to Marshall.  And apparently it's everywhere from Marshall to Hooper as well.



















And here it is.

I think I was more excited than Josh.

The Bering Sea!

See their airport? The runway runs parallel to the beach.
Crazy!





















Hooper Bay is much bigger than Marshall.  Last census said over 1,000 people.





















Josh said the school is humongous!

And their store is enviable.




I am hoping over the next month or two to continue playing catch up with the blog.  

Posting things I haven't posted yet from the summer and fall.

~enjoy~

2 comments:

Rox said...

The shore looks different than I had imagined. Much more gray. And scary looking! Glad Josh was safe and I look forward to you catching up with some older pictures.

Tope Mark Odigie said...

You have such beautiful pictures and fantastic views- I envy you for those rainbows and am sure you see stars. I can't remember the last time I saw any if those(even tho I live in Nigeria-west Africa). I love your blog it inspires me to do more n complain less. Keep it up.
Oops! Rather long comment pls humour me