9.26.2013

What Makes You...

Blogtember Instructions:
Go to a coffee shop. 
Order your favorite drink.  
Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. 

My reality:

There isn't a coffee shop within 150 miles of here. And that one requires a plane ride. So instead I am writing my blog post in my regular spot, at my computer desk, drinking a cup of hot coffee with powdered CoffeeMate Vanilla Caramel creamer (even though I really prefer liquid) because that's the best I can do.

But just because it's my regular spot to post, doesn't mean it isn't extraordinary.  I mean, I am less than half a mile from the bank of the Yukon River in rural Alaska, pretty much in the middle of nowhere.  So that's something!  Sorry, I digress.

What makes me happy?

New pens
Empty Journals
Unread books

Wyatt asleep in my arms
Jack learning to read
Logan's snuggles in the early morning

Going home for summer
Camping with loved ones
Visiting the beach

Reading a good book
Painting my toenails
Falling asleep holding Josh's hand

What makes me sad?

When a good book ends.
Commercials, movies, TV shows... I'm a crier
Yelling at my kids
Not being able to share my kids' awesomeness with my family

Missing things back home:
Parties, baby showers, birthdays
Missing people back home.
My Grandma. My mom. My sister. My best friend.

And the thing that makes me the most sad?
Knowing that some people will never have their dreams come true like mine did.
I live a charmed life.

~


No comments: