9.27.2013

Old Photos

Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.

Lucky for me, my mom just so happened to send me these old pictures earlier this week.
Perfect timing for today's Blogtember post!

July 1986
This was the first summer we went camping at our spot in Cougar, Washington.
{The same place I camped with my own kids this year.}
See me at the picnic table waving?

My entire lifetime of summer memories include camping.
It's one of my favorite past times.
As a little girl, I was in love with our huge green tent!
---
First Day of Kindergarten 
(Fall 1988)
I loved being in school, riding the bus, and writing in my daily journal at school.
Not much has changed. I still love school & writing in my journal!
---



My bedroom from ages 4-8.
My canopy bed.
I loved that thing!

Also, my name is not Shelly.
It's Rochelle.  (See it hung above my headboard?)
---
Riding my bike without training wheels
October 1987
Along with camping, riding bikes was one of my favorite childhood activities.
We lived on a dead end that was perfect for riding bikes with all the neighbor kids.

Last night my mom sent me more pictures from my childhood.
Of Halloween.
Those will be coming soon!

~



No comments: