4.17.2015

This Week









Feeling Grateful for Krista having my kids over for individual playdates.  Wyatt gets to go this afternoon and he can hardly wait!

Laughing at Wyatt learning to play basketball.  He stands on the trampoline, reaches both hands waaaay above his head and shoots with all his might.  He misses nine times out of ten, but oh man, is he adorable!

Enjoying blogging everyday.  A few favorites this month:
Facing terrifying panic at the thought of dying,
Our love story, fifteen years later
and my miscarriage experience & the nurse who made it tolerable.

Reading "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman.  I finished The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes, and also enjoyed reading Galatians this week during my quiet time.

Struggling to go to bed on time.  The sun is rising at 7:22am and setting at 10:15pm and the daylight makes it really challenging to want to go crawl into bed.

Happy to be accomplishing my No Swearing goal!  I found lately that I'd been cussing a lot, and didn't like how it made me feel.  So I've been cleaning up my mouth for the last two weeks.  So far I've made tons of progress.  Most days I find myself slipping only once or twice. (Like when the tupperware container of soup fell out of the fridge and spilled all over my foot. Oops!) I'm hoping that by the end of the month, I won't be swearing at all!

Working out is hard.  But I'm doing it everyday.  Some days I don't want to do it, but it's so quick (only 15 minutes) and I know it's really good for my mental health, so I force myself to do it anyway!  And bonus, I fall asleep at night quick as a wink!

Planning our trip home/our return here.  I am doing inventory, making packing lists, creating meal plans to incorporate all the food we need to eat up for our three month absence here and making shopping lists for when we arrive home in Washington & when we hit Anchorage on our way back.  Thank goodness for cute notebooks, awesome music playlists and good pens.  They make the job a lot more pleasant!

Remembering how lovely it is to be at my  mother-in-law's house.  We will be staying with them (Josh's parents) this summer, and I am really looking forward to it-- to spending time in her garden, chasing the boys up & down the sidewalk on their bikes, having extra helping hands with our boys, and going on adventures in the park.

Looking forward to date night! Pizza, a movie & my man.  No kids & no chores?  Yes, please!

Happy Weekend!


***

No comments: