6.23.2015

Shelly's All Time Favorite Summer Reads

 So, I'm a reader. If you don't know much else about me, that's a big one.  I love my husband, I have three kids, and I read.  Boom. You now know all the important facts about Shelly Cunningham.

That said, I haven't been able to read since we got back to Washington! I don't know if it's cause we were settling in, or I was choosing bad books... but I haven't been gripped by a book in over a month. And now I am slowly dying. (Okay... that was dramatic... but it's how I feel!)

So to inspire myself to pick up a book again, I have compiled a list of my all time favorite summer time reads.  They are perfect for a day at the beach, reading around a campfire or sitting on a blanket in the grass in the sunshine.

 Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand

The Island by Elin Hilderbrand

all by Anita Shreve, my all time favorite author

(The next two are YA, but I really enjoyed them!)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares



***

And my dream list for the summer, 
aside from re-reading all the classics listed above:

The Rocks by Peter Nichols

The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand

*

(source)

No comments: