6.21.2015

Happy Father's Day!

 Josh, for nearly twelve years you've stood by my side.  For seven of those years, it's been as a father, my co-parent.  As soon as we got pregnant with the twins, you've been fully committed to being the best dad you could be.

And thank goodness for that, because I literally didn't have enough hands to do all the parenting myself.  

Some days aren't pretty... 
Some days we are tired and grouchy and this whole parenting thing sucks us dry...

But other days? 
Well, other days it is smiles and hugs and all the good things.  
And like you said when you proposed, the good outweighs the bad.

 You've made some huge sacrifices for our boys (and myself) including finishing college during their infancy (still not sure how you made that happen!); moving to rural Alaska by yourself for six months to provide for them and allow me to be home full time; and more recently to starting and finishing your Master's Degree Program.  You are an amazing example of hard work, perseverance and sacrifice.

 They look up to you and want to be just like you.
I hope they are.  Because you are incredible.

Thank you for the love, the laughter and the lifetime of memories yet to come.
We love you!

***

No comments: