3.02.2017

Around Here: Week 9








Thankful... that my little tips & tricks worked, and my anxiety took a hike this week!

Listening... to Carly say "Uh Oh".  It's the cutest darn thing ever.

Enjoying... having Josh's brother & nephew over for the weekend.  We stayed up WAY too late talking & laughing Saturday night, but oh it was good for my heart.  I love the relationship those three boys have, and I love how the guys are with my kids.


Spending... special time with Wyatt this weekend while his dad and uncle took the twins shooting.  We painted, played cars, made legos & read books. I think five is one of my favorite ages.

Meditating... on this:

"When night comes, 
and retrospect shows that everything was patchwork 
and much which one had planned left undone, 
when so many things rouse shame and regret, 
then take all as it is, lay it in God's hands, and offer it up to Him.  
In this way we will be able to rest in Him, actually to rest, 
and to begin the new day like a new life." 
-Edith Stein

{I came across that beautiful quote on Jen McBride's Instagram }

Taking... Josh to the doctor many times over the course of the week.  What started as a cold & sore throat turned into an earache, which turned into an ear infection, which turned into a ruptured ear drum, which turned into mastoiditis, an infection of the mastoid bone, located behind the ear.  Because the infection has moved into the bone, it's going to take much longer to heal than originally anticipated.

Suffering... alongside my sweetheart as he has been sick and in pain for what feels like an eternity.  I swear, when he hurts, I hurt.  He has been completely 100% miserable for four days.  I am so tired from worrying and taking care of him (plus our four kids!). All this worry is making sleep elusive because I am so alert to every noise in case he needs me!  I'm praying he starts feeling better soon!

Giving... myself a break while Josh is ill, and putting Carly in disposable diapers instead of cloth. Gosh it's so convenient to just throw them out when she's through with them.  I forgot how nice that is! Plus, less laundry!

Finishing... Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes. I liked it, but it wasn't a favorite.  I swear the more I read, the more picky I become!

Still Reading... Believing God (so close-- two chapters to go!) The Lies We Believe (moving through this one at a steady clip!) 100 Essential Modern Poems (such a great beginning book for those diving into poetry!) and Wonder

Beginning... The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos.  This is The Inspired Readers Book Club book pick for March, and I'm leading! The best part is that it's on sale on Amazon for $0.99 on your Kindle. How cool is that? So grab the book (err, I mean, download it!) and visit our Facebook page to add yourself to our group.  We would love to have you!

Crying... alongside Wyatt as he expressed his heartache from having spent recess alone all week.  Oh how my mama heart split wide open listening to him cry.  "I just feel... lonely.  When I'm on the swings all by myself." He's lonely. sigh. 

After we had a little cry (because I believe in feeling all the feels) we started brainstorming.  Our first idea was a fail, but we are determined to figure it out, so for next week, we are on to Plan B.

Rejoicing... that our local school bond passed. Yay!

Looking forward... to Josh's mom & sister visiting this weekend. It will be a breath of relief to have them here after the week we've had!  I think I'm most excited for the boys to have someone around to love & care for them who isn't completely wrung dry.

Grateful... for everyone's love & prayers expressed on behalf of our family as we've been sick and Josh has been unwell.  I'm so grateful for this village of ours. 



***

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Be assured of my prayers for Josh! What a hard week for him (and you!).
P.S. I'm SO excited for book club! xoxo

Holly said...

That picture of the cats is gorgeous!! I prayed for Josh and yall at mass this morning. I am so glad your anxiety took a walk and also that you will have loved ones in this weekend. I'm sending hugs across the country to you!

Jerri said...

I know what you mean about being a picky reader. Sometimes if I don't like a book I will actually stop reading it! I used to force myself to finish.