9.28.2019

Week 38 Around Here {2019}


















Watching... Sweet Home Sextuplets and Risking It All, which are both really entertaining and I can watch with my kids (unlike The Handmaid's Tale- ha!). The boys really enjoy Risking It All, which is about families who sell everything they own to try their hand at living off the grid. 

Worrying... about Carly as she bonked her front teeth on her baby stroller, knocking them a bit loose and cutting her gums.  I was able to text a picture to her dentist's office and they assured me that she would be okay (and what to look for, just in case), which helped me relax a little bit.  But she did require cold, wet washcloths for most of the afternoon, poor girl.

Loving... our new house more everyday.  As we continue to settle in, unpacking more boxes and doing more decorating, I just love every nook and cranny more.  It's crazy to me how much it already feels like home.

Reading... Searching for Sylvie Lee on audio and The Most Fun We Ever Had.  I am loving The Most Fun We Ever Had.  It reminds me of This Is How It Always Is- every page has a small truth about what life is like with children and husbands and family... I can't get enough.
I also read Wyatt's second grade journal (finally) and loved the page he had written about being lucky.  If anything, we are lucky to have him.  That, I'm sure of.

"Vrooming"... our groceries into the house with Carly's baby stroller.  I asked for her help unloading them from the car and she asked if she could "vroom" them in.  Haha! I said yes, and it was the right answer! Sister brought in so many groceries!!!  #besthelper

Giving up... the Walmart grocery pick up.  I had been using it since late July or early August, but after multiple disappointments, and having to run to the grocery store myself anyway to get things they don't carry at Walmart, I found it just wasn't worth it.
Their produce isn't great, and their substitutions never make any sense (they didn't have sliced black olives, so they gave me green olives.  But wouldn't whole black olives make more sense? -for example).  I'm sad for the time lost to the grocery store, but it's a necessary evil.

Crying... {literally} as I drove past the emptied water park the other day and it hit me that summer is really, truly over.  I am trying to accept that fall is approaching (less than two weeks now), but I'm having a hard time.  Maybe I'll try to make a fall bucket list??? (Any ideas, friends?)

Signing... all three boys up for wrestling, which is exciting!  They've never wrestled before, but we think they'll be great, and the exercise will be really good for them. 

Laughing... at how Carly says, "Oh nothing" when I ask her what she's up to lately.  (Whenever she says that, I come a-running to see what kind of "nothing" she's up to.  Hahah!) And loving how she simply must hug & kiss all her guys goodbye everyday.  First it's Daddy, as he leaves for work; then the twins, as they leave on their bikes out the garage; then it's Wyatt, as he walks to the bus stop.  She hugs each of them, and kisses their bellies, wherever her lips hit 'em, and then runs back to her toys.
Her favorite way to end the morning is to wave goodbye to Wyatt's bus as it drives away.  So a few times a week we try to get out there to wave at it.

Taking... all three boys to the orthodontist for check ups and reprimanding Logan for cutting his wire on his own in the garage with Josh's wire cutters. Sigh. This kid.

Visiting... the vet with Ramona, who, it turns out, has a bladder infection.  We got some medication that she's been really good about taking and I'm praying she gets well quick. 

Buying... Logan a new medical bracelet (from Etsy- super cool and super cheap) after he lost his last one at the pool this summer.  I remember when I ordered his first bracelet that said "Epilepsy", it required a level of acceptance that I hadn't previously come to.  Ordering it this time was no big deal.  It's nice to be in this place with it.

Learning... how to properly breathe from Carly, who was teaching her frog how in the bath tub.  "Inhale... Outhale... Inhale... Outhale..." she said to him, over and over.  We decided that in our household we shall never say "exhale" again.  Outhale just make so much more sense.

***


***

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE seeing pics of your new house! So beautiful.

Briitany said...

Your bedroom set looks beautiful. Fall is such a wonderful time of year, a to do list is a must! I love how Carly says good bye to all the boys. Adorbs! Miss you friend!

Cindy said...

While I do not use the Walmart pickup service, people who have it in our area really rave about it. Like anything else, depends on the store!

Brittany Howard said...

Love catching up on the blog! Miss you all. I came across a picture of Mason and Carly a couple weeks ago and it just warmed my heart. So happy for your new home and all your adventures!