4.27.2010

Twins by the numbers

137,085 The number of live twin births born in the U.S. in 2006. (I think that number seems small.)

7,300 The average number of diapers twins go through in a year. (Lordy, don't I know it!)

$3,400 The average price of formula that twins consume in a year. (Thank you WIC!)

37 The average week of gestation for a mom expecting twins. (Hooray- I did it!)

35 - 45 The recommended number of pounds women pregnant with twins should gain. (I only gained 25, and was so worried the whole time!)

2 The average age toddler twins give up a second nap! (We let our second nap go when they turned one. Now they are fighting the single nap they still have! But we are holding out. There is NO WAY we are going napless!)

These were the top twin names in 2008
-the year the boys were born:
------------------------------------------------
Jacob/Joshua
Daniel/David
Jayden/Jordon
Ethan/Evan
Taylor/Tyler
Gabriella/Isabella
Isaac/Isaiah
Madison/Morgan

(thank you to www.talk-about-twins.com for these stats!)

3 comments:

Rox said...

ugh, i'm glad your babies don't have matchy names... i'm not a fan!

but i am a fan of twin stats! i'm thinking the number of live twin births has gone way up since 2006... i'm guessing you couldn't find anything more recent though.

good read!

Aniko said...

Everywhere I go I see twins, I'm with Roxanne, I think the number most certainly has had to gone up. But lucky me, I get to share in the real stats of those handsome twins of yours, I know I've said this a lot but I really appreciate your blogging about you, Josh and the boys. It makes many gloomy moments at work tolerable.

The Bormann Family said...

I love your comment about the boys looking a lot alike! I always think that about yours, I can never tell them apart!!! Funny, I guess as a mom you know the small differences:)